Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Barcelona via bus - day 1 in Spain

Tuesday, 11/17 – Last night we found our apartment in Barcelona via 2 taxi’s since they’re all so small. We dropped our bags and went down to George’s to have a late dinner. The fare for the night was chicken crepes and they were very good. I’m trying to eat local food wherever I go. We had a restful night and slept in a little. We are in the downtown area so the streets got busy and noisy pretty early. Our room looks like an Ikea showroom, possibly 300 sq. + feet with 2 bedrooms, a den, kitchen and bath that you walk in and back out of. Really , though, it is so much better than a hotel room but very tight quarters indeed. Nana and I have a room with twin beds but if you roll over wrong you hit each other :). We woke up earlier than the other girls so we got a quick shower and hit the streets in search of caffeine. We found a quaint little place called Bracafe’ and had a mini crossiant, tomato and mozzarella sandwich halved, fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee for her and tea for me. It was quite tasty. We then found the open market and loved it. It was much like Harry’s on steroids. We purchased some local fresh fruit and veggies and headed back to get Kris and Kara. Our day was filled with an all day sightseeing open top bus tour. It was too awesome for words. We stopped for lunch and had some gyros (them) and paella (me)- yummy. Just look at a few (? Yes, I could have taken tons more) pictures of our day on facebook. I'm back at the room, laughing with Nana, having a wine tasting with some Tempranillo and comfy with my pj's on. I'm blogging and facebooking and thinking of everyone back @ home. I hate missing my awesome bible study friends and know you will enjoy your time together tomorrow. I will be back next week for the party, you know how I hate to miss a party! Please put Europe in your prayers as there doesn't seem to be much faith in this country. I can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings in Spain! ttyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment