Sunday, November 15, 2009

French Market/Sunday

Last night we stay in the village to go to the art show where all the students showcased their work from this trip. They also had a farewell dinner for the students after the show. They surprised the them with a much needed Mexican Fiesta – food they had not had since arriving here. Today is Sunday and we scrapped the idea of driving to Nice after the hard time it took for us to get here! Instead we went to the street market in a small city south of here. The SCAD bus was going so we followed along. I’ve really enjoyed doing the driving and having Kristy as my navigator, she’s done a great job even with the impossibilities of reading these maps. I’ve had fun taking pictures of everything I could so you could follow me along in my journey. Look at my facebook for pictures and add me as a friend if you’re not already. It’s so sad that you see no churches anywhere around and most people are at the market on Sunday mornings. I just love my worship time and church friends (most awesome ever) and I missing that time today. The market was very cool. I love a bargain and thought street vendors would have them, but I found many things to be pretty expensive. Scarves are all the rage, so I found one I really liked and bought it. For breakfast I had a French almond pastry and tea, yummy! We went for lasagna for lunch and now we’re back at the room just chillin’. Tomorrow we head back to Marsielle to drop off the rental car and take the fast train to Barcelona. We’ve rented a flat in the downtown area so more adventures to come from Spain.

No comments:

Post a Comment